Smithtown Daily: Women Dies In Head-On Crash + Summer Of Science
Morning, Smithtown! Diane Witek here to get you all caught up to start this Monday, May 9 off on an informed note. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening today in Smithtown.
First, today’s weather:
Breezy and warmer. High: 62, low: 49.
Shoutout to our premier local sponsor:
Looking to buy or sell a home in the Smithtown area? Glenn Barnett and the team at Integrity Core Realty have over 50 years of Real Estate experience. Glenn specializes in helping first-time homebuyers find the home of their dreams, as well as Seniors looking to downsize in their golden years. He knows every nook and cranny of the Smithtown market, and what it takes to get buyers under contract in this rapidly changing market. Contact Glenn here today.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to get started.
Here are the top stories today in Smithtown:
- St James/Smithtown Little League: “To the moms that have carried the bat bags and broken in new gloves. The ones that have packed the between-doubleheader lunches and scrubbed grass stains out of our uniforms. That have high-fived us when we won, and held us when we lost.” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Historical Society: “This year give the gift of goat yoga and join us and our friends from Steppin’ Out Ponies and Petting Zoo. Experience a fun 45 minute yoga class with us! Sessions are filling up so be sure to purchase your tickets in advance.” (Facebook) (Website)
- Smithtown Library Kids: “These clever kids were able to solve the puzzles to break out of our Learn Lab in our Escape the Makerspace Jr. program.” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Performing Arts Center: “Auditions for our upcoming Children’s Theater Productions of ‘Elephant & Piggie and Knuffle Bunny’ are happening now! See you at SPAC! Info: smithtownpac.org, #spac, #longislandtheatre.” (Facebook) (Website)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Forestwood: “Fox or Coyote? – This has come up before and I’ve been among the skeptics who doubted there were foxes in Smithtown. But I think I’ve changed my mind. I saw this guy in the backyard this morning. The picture quality is poor, I had o…” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Candidate Meet & Greet. (May 9)
- Candidate Meet & Greet Evening. (May 9)
- Open House for “A Summer to Remember!” (May 14)
- (mostly) TRUE THINGS Storytelling Show. (May 14)
- Add your event.
You’re officially in the loop for today! See you all tomorrow for another update.
— Diane Witek
About me: Impassioned Writer, Website Designer, Social Media Marketer and newly proclaimed Baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Smithtown Daily? Contact me at [email protected]