GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Service & Experience Design Consultant to work closely with internal partners to transform experiences and build consistency for players across different gaming products and services. As part of the Enterprise Customer Strategy & Experience team, you will evaluate player needs, business goals, organizational capabilities and supporting technology to design customer journeys that align with OLG’s CX Vision and Principles. You’ll lead exciting CX discovery research to build empathy for our players, map out their experiences, identify pain points and uncover opportunities to enhance the overall experience.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Customer Strategy & Experience, you will be empowered to:
- Design and recommend the optimal end-to-end customer experience for key journeys across the OLG enterprise based on a deep understanding of customer behaviors, business strategy, and operating models.
- Leverage human centered design methodologies to produce key project artifacts including competitive scans, service blueprints, customer journey maps, empathy maps, and experience storyboards.
- Consult with product, channel, and initiative owners from all channels and lines of business to develop and iterate on the ideal journey for their customer
- Support CX initiatives by collaborating with the customer research team in designing and developing studies and measurements to generate actionable knowledge and insight about our customers.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources, including OLG’s Voice-of-Customer platform, to form a holistic understanding of a problem or opportunity space.
- Build, manage, and publicize a customer artifact repository, encouraging employees across OLG to develop a deeper understanding of our players.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work experience: 3+ years of relevant experience in a service/experience design role including operating in a cross-functional capacity; working with a diverse set of digital or retail products and channels; improving customer experience with a measurable impact; managing multiple products in parallel, and experience managing and delivering CX projects across different lines of business, providing product performance measurement and recommendations that influence the course of the business initiatives and drive insights
Education: post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline including human factors, social sciences, and design
Knowledge and Skills: tactical knowledge of CX frameworks and Service Design methodologies as well as industry trends to help identify opportunities for the organization and business units, strong understanding of Design thinking methodologies
Assets: experience working with customer research and customer strategy, experience with a diverse set of both digital and retail products and channels, experience working with agile methodologies and supporting agile teams, knowledge of or experience with the offline and online gaming and/or retail industry
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with the ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: contribute to a culture of transparency and trust and demonstrates collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative working styles
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: it helps balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and hybrid work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing, and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in everything we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices including hybrid work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by October 7, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.