- Contribute to a department committed to social justice and community
- Ongoing, full-time position located at Hawthorn
- Academic Level C $ 122,946 – $ 141,473 plus 17% super
About the Job
The Department of Education is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and innovative academic who will contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, with a specific focus on either mathematics or science. Underpinning all research, teaching and knowledge is a commitment in the department to social justice and the desire to make a positive difference in the lives of individuals and groups in the communities we serve. This not only shapes the ethos in the department, but also our involvement with stakeholders including but not limited to students and our professional partners.
As a Senior Lecturer, education, your teaching will be delivered through a number of blended methods including lectures, tutorials and seminars. You will lead curriculum design and development of blended learning materials and assessments, including accreditation activities associated with external agencies and organizations.
In this role you will be contributing to the research profile of the department participating in, and leading a defined field of research within education. The Senior Lecturer will be actively involved in the supervision of postgraduate research students.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a young university with a long history. As a dual-sector university of technology, born of a technical college, we are proud of Swinburne’s technology DNA, and of our national and global standing. Our contributions to Technology, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and the STEM disciplines, and our track record of meaningful industry and community engagement, are the natural manifestations of the legacy initiated by the vision of our founders George and Ethel Swinburne in 1902. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, Provide vocational education and online education to students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
To be suitable for the role you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Science Education and a Doctoral Qualification
- Experience in tertiary teaching including a record of leading unit and course co-ordination
- Delivery of on-campus, flexible, blended, and online modes in innovative teaching and curriculum development leading to high-level competence
- Ability to initiate, develop and deepen relationships with partners in the external education sector
- Excellent understanding of the trends and issues in mathematics or science education and professional practice
A full list of selection criteria is available within the position description.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted and special offer gym memberships around all three campuses
- Private health insurance discounts
To find out more about the broad range of benefits offered by Swinburne employees please visit the Employee Benefits and Refer to the ‘Benefits’ section.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description To start an application please click on it apply or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a Response to the Key Selection Criteriaas listed in the Position Description.
For further information about this position, contact Susie Garvis, Head of the Department of Education via email at [email protected]
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment Team at [email protected]
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organization and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA + Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational Inclusion Strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity and Diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at [email protected]. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at [email protected]
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting / carer policies to support work life balance.
Orders from Victoria’s Minister for Health require all Swinburne workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are defined as an Excepted Person by the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Workers) Order 2021 (No. 1). All applicants must be able to comply with this requirement.
Applications close at Sunday, 23 June 2022.
(Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position)
General Chat Chat Lounge