LINCOLN, Neb. (KOLN) – Several Lincoln streets are expected to close for two events on Sunday, Sept. 25.
Streets Alive!- Multiple streets in the University Place neighborhood will be closed from 9 am to 6 pm Sept. 25 for the Streets Alive! community event. The event will be from 1 to 4:30 pm and the route is as follows:
- Cleveland Avenue from North 39th to North 47th streets
- North 47th Street from Cleveland to Baldwin avenues
- Baldwin Avenue from North 47th to North 39th streets
- North 39th Street from Baldwin to Cleveland avenues
Travelers are encouraged to seek an alternate route during this event. Access to residences will be maintained. Streets Alive! is a movement festival presented by Partnership for a Healthy Lincoln celebrated in cities across America and the world by closing off a section of a city to let people play in the streets.
For more information on the event, visit healthylincoln.org/streetsalive.
Pumpkin Run – Multiple streets will be closed from 8 am to 3 pm Sept. 25 in the Haymarket area for this 1-mile youth fun run, the largest run of its kind in the nation. The closures are as follows:
- Pinnacle Arena Drive from North Eighth to “N” streets
- “R” Street from North Seventh Street to Pinnacle Arena Drive
- “Q” Street from North Seventh Street to Pinnacle Arena Drive
- “P” Street from Canopy Street to Pinnacle Arena Drive
- “O” Street at Canopy Street
- “N” Street from Canopy to Pinnacle Arena Drive
- Canopy Street from “R” to “N” streets
Lincoln Transportation and Utilities appreciates the public’s patience during these events. For more information on street closures, contact Shane Dostal, LTU, at 402-525-7852 or [email protected]. Current information on street closures is available at lincoln.ne.gov/closures or through the Waze mobile app.
Copyright 2022 KOLN. All rights reserved.