Book, Elon’s ninth president, is included within a list of influential leaders in education in North Carolina.
Business North Carolina, a news magazine serving the state for the past 40 years, includes Elon University President Connie Ledoux Book in its list of North Carolina’s most influential business leaders. The “Power List 2022” is posted on the magazine’s website and included with the May print edition.
President Book is included in the education category, one of 18 different industry categories in the listing. Business North Carolina notes that “education is a multibillion-dollar industry in North Carolina with a wide array of K-12 schools, robust public and private universities, and a 58-campus community college system” and that the list includes “some of its most notable leaders, whose success is considered essential for the state to make economic and social progress. ”
Book commented that “strategic planning and execution keep higher education responsive to the dynamic needs of society. I enjoy imagining a future, then building it. ”
The “Power List” education category includes 25 leaders. Presidents and chancellors included on the list are:
- Darrell Allison – Fayetteville State University
- Connie Ledoux Book – Elon University
- Kelli Brown – Western Carolina University
- J. Bradley Creed – Campbell University
- Kandi Deitemeyer – Central Piedmont Community College
- Sheri Everts – Appalachian State University
- Sharon L. Gaber – University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Frank Gilliam Jr. – University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Kevin Guskiewicz – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Peter Hans – UNC System
- Harold Martin – North Carolina A&T State University
- Vincent Price – Duke University
- Nido Qubein – High Point University
- Scott Ralls – Wake Technical Community College
- Philip Rogers – East Carolina University
- Douglas Searcy – Barton College
- Thomas Stith III – NC Community College System
- Randy Woodson – North Carolina State University
“Power List 2022” is a collective report providing facts about prominent people and their affiliated institutions. It includes wisdom, insight and some humor from the more than 200 listees who responded to the invitation to answer several questions about their organizations, interests and passions. The list contains profiles of more than 500 influential leaders across North Carolina.