Aggies Land Premier Junior College Pitcher
LAS CRUCES, NM – One of the top junior college pitchers in the country is on her way back to the Land of Enchantment to become an Aggie.
On Sunday morning, Head Coach Kathy Rodolph announced that right-hander and Albuquerque, NM, native Emily Dix has signed a National Letter of Intent to play for NM State in 2023.
Emily Dix, RHP, Jr., 5-9, Albuquerque, NM, Yavapai College / Volcano Vista HS
· Finished with an astonishing record of 24-1 as a starter in her sophomore year at Yavapai College.
· Maintained an ERA of 1.56 across 134.2 innings last season, including 236 strikeouts and 13 complete games.
· Led Yavapai to number one overall seed in ACCAC Division I Softball Tournament and a No. 2 rankings in the NJCAA DI rankings as the Roughriders finished 42-2 in conference play and 50-3 overall.
· Earned ACCAC Pitcher of the Year honors while being named 2022 All-ACCAC First Team and ACCAC Division I All-Region.
· Posted 10 or more strikeouts on eight occasions last season while recording five-plus strikeouts in 25 appearances.
· Threw two no-hitters last season and allowed more than five hits in just three appearances.
· Recognition reached beyond the stats as she was named ACCAC Pitcher of the Week seven times in 2022.
· As a freshman, she earned NJCAA Third Team All-America honors in addition to All-ACCAC First Team and ACCAC Division I All-Region honors.
· Made her way onto the college scene as Roughriders’ leading pitcher in 2021 as she finished with a 20-4 record while posting a 2.43 ERA in her debut season. Also Struck out 146 batters pitched in just 123.2 innings.
· Led Yavapai College to the No. 7 overall seed and an appearance in the 2021 NJCAA Division I Softball Championship.
· Was a two-way player in high school as she led Volcano Vista to an overall record of 20-8 and the top seed in the 2019 Class 6A NMAA State Playoffs before leading the Hawks to the state title game.
· Shortened senior season at Volcano Vista in 2020, however, posted an incredible ERA of 0.49 as a junior in 2019 to lead her squad while also pacing the Hawks in batting average (.491) and on-base percentage (.556).
· Finished with 134 strikeouts in just 86 innings pitched to post a 9-3 record in her junior season.
What they’re saying about Emily Dix
Head Coach Kathy Rodolph | “I have had the privilege to watch Emily develop and mature through her years in New Mexico and now at the junior college level. She has grown into a competitive, confident person and pitcher. Her junior college career has been stellar so far and I can ‘t wait to work with her as an Aggie. “
++ NM State ++