£93k-a-week star facing ‘bleak future’ at St James’ Park

Newcastle United winger Allan Saint-Maximin is facing a ‘bleak’ future at St James’ Park as the club look to bring in attacking reinforcements, according to transfer insider Dean Jones.

Eddie Howe has overseen a relatively quiet summer so far but there is still plenty of time to strengthen ahead of the September 1 deadline.

What is the latest transfer news from Newcastle?

Only three deals have been struck and two new players have arrived at the club this summer. Nick Pope and Sven Botman completed transfers from Burnley and Lille respectively, while Matt Targett has also made his loan from Aston Villa permanent.

It is not the free-spending summer many expected from the Magpies as their Saudi Arabian-backed owners continue to strengthen their club.

But there are signs that some bigger fees could soon be thrown about. Multiple bids have now been made for Leicester midfielder James Maddison, with their latest £50 million offer rejected by the Foxes.

The likes of Harvey Barnes, Jack Harrison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have also been eyed over the course of the summer as Howe and co. cast a wide net in the transfer market.

It is a transfer chase, however, that raises the question of what happens next to Saint-Maximin?

What has Jones said on the future of Saint-Maximin?

Jones understands that Newcastle are continuing to chase two forwards this summer and believes that the Frenchman will be a victim of that if it is successful.

The transfer insider told GIVEMESPORT: “The information I’ve had is that all summer, Newcastle have been looking for a wide forward as well as a center forward. That means that the long-term future for Saint-Maximin at Newcastle is probably bleak. But he’s had flashes of good moments in preseason that will give him hope, so we’ll have to wait and see.”

What does the future hold for Saint-Maximin?

The winger has frequently been held up as Newcastle’s star man but it appears that, should they recruit two new attackers, he will be demoted to a back-up role or even moved on.

Tottenham and Chelsea have all been linked with moves for the 25-year-old although there is currently very little in the way of interest.

In 93 appearances for Newcastle, he has found the net 12 times and provided 16 assists and, regardless of who they may sign, Saint-Maximin’s unique pace and trickery could still be valuable to Howe next term.

Prior to the takeover at St James’ Park, he was the club’s highest earner on £93,000 per week but he has since been eclipsed by the £100,000 earned by Chris Wood and Kieran Trippier.

News Now – Sports News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
AGADIR-GROUP